Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Granny Muffins

So in an effort to cut some of the preservatives from my kids diets I have re-discovered baking.
I used to love baking, but the ungrateful husband type never really liked anything I made so it generally went to waste.

Now that my kids are older (the ripe ages of 3.5 and 4.5) they are getting the gist of the fun of making the kitchen a total mess, in turn my husband is starting to eat it and I am shocked to say he is enjoying it.

First up yesterday for a yummy lunch I decided to make Zucchini Slice an absolute favourite in our house, I found the recipe on the Exclusively Food Blog a fair while ago and it never disappoints.

Opening up the cupboard to prepare the midgets kindy lunch I realised I had almost no food in the house. Granny Muffins it is.

I found a basic muffin recipe a while ago that I lurve, a tweak here and there and I give you

Granny Muffins.
Makes 18 regular size muffins

1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
1/2 cup Sugar
2 Eggs
1 cup Milk
2 1/2 cups of Plain Flour
3 tsp Baking powder
2 Granny Smith Apples Grated.
Brown sugar for the tops

Combine wet and dry ingredients, Mix until combined and divide into muffin trays.
Sprinkle with brown sugar and bake in a 200c Oven for 20-25 mins

I alternate between putting the apple in the mix and adding half of the basic mix to the trays top with apple and fill with the rest of the mix. The husband type generally prefers the Apple centre ones.

Magic, lunch crisis averted and now I have a nice treat to give to mum when she comes over after work.


Best part about baking.....Owning a dishwasher.

Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment